Posted On 1/25/2017 by Team iCynosure.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan's commercial capital, is a large port city on the island of Honshu. Known for its business opportunities along with a heritage of history, culture, and sports, the city offers numerous scenarios for travellers to discover its true character and create their own list for exploring it.
The beautiful city of Osaka truly imbibes the spirit of welcoming visitors and ensuring all the help that's made available to them through a number of Tourist Information desks, wide range of maps and staff members fluent in foreign languages to assist; apart from a wealth of information available online.
So put your fears aside and get packing.
Planning Your Trip
Image by Uphey via flikr
As a first-time traveller to the majestic city, here are a few pointers that will help make planning a trip easier and more convenient:
- With four distinct seasons while planning a getaway to the city, travellers must consider the time of the year and weather appropriate clothing to ensure comfort.
- The most pleasant and suitable way to get to the city would either be by arriving at the Itami International Airport right into the city or by taking the Shinkansen bullet train from Tokyo.
- The city offers a variety of accommodation types and styles to cater to all type of visitors and budgets. Travellers have an option to choose from five-star luxury hotels like the InterContinental Osaka that offer contemporary glamour and magnificent panoramas to business class hotels or traditional Japanese-style stay options.
- Osaka is known as a city of "Kuidaore" which means "eat till you drop". It offers a truly magical culinary experience to tantalise the senses with its dashi offerings.
Things to See
Image by MIKI Yoshihito via flikr
As travellers book their accommodations, they can then start planning their perfect days in Osaka. Some of the must-do things in the city include a trip to the Nakanoshima Park to admire the rose garden, the Museum of Oriental Ceramics, and the Osaka City Central Public Hall.
Dining at the riverside cafes and taking a water bus to the iconic Osaka Castle is a given when one visits. A sunset ride on the on the HEP Five Ferris Wheel that travellers can conclude at the National Bunraku Theatre enjoying a traditional Japanese puppet show will make the journey an unforgettable one.
Travellers should also reserve a day to visit the district of Dotonbori that is renowned for its entertainment and local delicacies followed by an evening at the Spa World to indulge in hot Japanese bath that will keep you entertained for hours.
Quick, Imporant Tips for Travel
Travellers who visit this beautiful Japanese city must make note of these small yet important snippets of information especially if they are visiting for the first-time.
- There is a regulation on smoking, and smoking in public areas is punishable by law. So it is vital to check the no-smoking zone map, prior to lighting up.
- Major credit cards are accepted in the city, barring a few small stores and shops that may only accept cash.
- Prescription medicine may not be easily available in the city, and hence travellers must carry sufficient medicines for the duration of the trip.
- Despite Japan's east-west demographical spread, it is in the same time zone and does not have daylight savings time.
So put your fears aside and get packing.
Over the years we’ve heard of building collapses and the first thought that comes to my mind is; how weren’t the people living in notice th...
One of the newest trends in the beauty industry are monthly beauty box subscriptions and the latest to join the subscription service ban...
Pepe Jeans Junior has become synonyms with #PrincessHeer’s wardrobe. Every time we head out to shop, she instantly chants the Pepe Jeans a...
#PrincessHeer Accessories & More App Review Asian Paints Auto Launch & Test Drive Baaya Design Beauty Blogger Bollywood Beauties Book Hotels Online Book Review Celebrity Spotting Cheap Online Fashion Stores Colgate Diwali Series Everyday Fashion Facecare Fashion Blogger Fashion Shows Film & Entertainment Film Review Financial Planning Financial Security Hair & Beauty HDFC Health & Wellness Himalaya Herbal Home & Living Home Décor Horlicks India Travels Indian Fashion Designers Infographics InterContential Holiday Group Jakson Inns Lava Mobiles LeEco Mobiles Levis Lingerie Shopping Luxury Fashion LYF Mobiles Malaysia Tourism Max Life Insurance Mobile Launch Mobile Review Myntra Online Shopping Parenting Pearl Academy Pepe Jeans Junior Product Review Rann Utsav Relationships Reliance Digital Service Review Shopback India Skincare Staycation Style Guide Summer Essentials Things To Do In & Around Mumbai Travel Blogger Travel Guide Triumph India Urban Clap Website Review